If you’ve got a bad case of Road Rash from the track or basic highway driving, we’ve got a great way to clean up all that stone chip damage.
Our TouchUp RX automotive paint chip repair kit is the prescription for your visual nightmare. Our paint chip repair kit comes with everything you need to easily address your problems.
Two squeegees come with every paint chip repair kit:
- A large squeegee to use on large unobstructed areas such as your hood.
- And a smaller one to get into tight spots such as around the headlights and along the front-facing lip of the hood, just above the bumper.
Spreading the paint over the road-rashed areas with the squeegees makes the repair surprisingly fast and easy.
How to Fix Road Rash on your Car
Step 1 : Applying the Paint
- Simply apply paint to the panel of the car or along the bottom of the beveled edge of the squeegee. Then drag the squeegee across the paint chips at roughly a 45-degree angle.
- You’ll be able to pick up and place the paint where it’s needed in order to apply it again to other chips.
- Repeat this process.
- This paint application enables you to minimize the excess paint over the chips, therefore reducing the efforts in the second step of the process.
Step 2 : Removing the Excess
- Apply The Pink Stuff™ blending solution to the white blending cloth. Both are items are included with every kit.
- Fold the cloth over twice to 1/4 of the original size and apply a moderate amount. Don’t soak the cloth, but get it wet.
- With light pressure, rub over the entire area where all the excess paint exists. You’ll see the paint begin to slowly blend away, leaving it in each chip where you want to keep it.
- Repeat until all the excess paint is gone. If you happen to pull some paint out of the chips, just repeat the paint process using lighter pressure after about an hour or so.
It’s a very simple process. Fool-proof, even.
Have a little patience if you don’t get the results you want the first time. The goal is to walk by the car and not notice the chips. It’s not a perfect body shop repair, but it’s pretty damn close.
We are confident you can turn a totally road-rashed hood into one that looks clean and polished. This type of paint chip repair is what we’re proud of, and known for.
If you have any questions about this process for road rash on your car. Contact us. We’ll be happy to walk you through it.